An NCAA national champion lacrosse player at Syracuse, and defensive All American. We talk about getting into lacrosse by accident, choosing Syracuse, and nature vs. nurture. We then delve into the Navy Seals selection process and how to make it through.
What You Will Learn
- [2:10] Why Rorke chose Syracuse University.
- [4:51] Natural athleticism and how he got so good at sports.
- [7:30] Nature vs. Nurture
- [9:27] Joining the Navy
- [11:53] Process for joining the Navy Seals
- [13:50] OCS – becoming and officer then a Navy Seal
- [15:07] Weeding out candidates during BUDS
- [18:21] Can anyone make it in the SEALS program?
- [23:00] Trauma – Is it necessary?
- [26:06] What kind of job instills GRIT?
- [32:31] Serving w/ David Goggins
- [34:42] Serving w/ Jocko Willink
- [36:04] What makes the US special forces the best in the world?
- [38:31] Energy in warzones
- [41:09] Challenge of combat
- [48:09] Being in a movie.
- [51:30] Dipping in the ice.
- [54:24] Favorite MRE meal
- [54:37] Worst MRE meal.
- [55:43] Best concert
- [56:03] Hobbies
- [56:17] Favorite Movie.
Connect with Rorke:
Twitter | https://twitter.com/rorkedenver?lang=en
Connect with Cory:
Website | https://www.prepathletics.com
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/prep_athletics/
Twitter | https://twitter.com/PREP_Athletics
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/PrepAthletics
Email | email@example.com
Phone | 859-317-1166